Twitter has started to roll out the much-anticipated Lists functionality. Here are the highlights:
- Lists allow each user a way to group some or all of the people they follow by assigning them to a list.
- It also helps with discovery: When you go to a user's profile, you can see which lists they have created and follow relevant people. You can also see which lists someone belongs to and follow the others on that same list.
Note: if you do not see lists yet, don't worry! You'll be getting access to it soon!
I jumped the gun and created my lists rather quickly. Here are some tips:
- Carefully consider how you want to structure your lists before you start to set them up.
- You can only create 20 lists.
- Each list cannot have more than 500 people.
- If you want to edit a list's name, go to: Lists You Follow, Click on List Name and on the right hand side towards the bottom is an "edit list" link. That will allow you to change the name of a list OR change it from public to private & vice versa.
- If you want to delete a list, go to: Lists You Follow, Click on List Name and on the right hand side towards the bottom is an "delete list" link.
Note: at the time of posting this, neither the edit nor delete functionality are working.
Hope this helps!